We're pleased to offer the following services at State Avenue Veterinary Clinic:
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 7 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency.
For after-hours and weekend emergencies, please call our regular office number(s) and follow the voice prompts to leave a message. The on-call veterinarian will return your call promptly.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening, but you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment. Our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
At State Avenue Vet Clinic, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
- Full Service Medical and Surgical Facilities at our Dickinson location
- Prepurchase exams
- Mare Reproductive Care and Breeding
- Joint injections
- Lameness (including mobile digital radiology services, ultrasound)
- Wellness Care (vaccines, annual examination, dental care)
- Health Certificates/Coggins Testing
- Surgery (including colic surgery)
- Farm Call Services
Companion Animal and Exotic Services
- Full Service Medical and Surgical Facilities
- Dentistry (including periodontal treatments and digital dental radiology)
- Oncology (including chemotherapy services)
- Orthopedic Surgery and Fracture Repair (*TPLO for anterior cruciate ligament injury)
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Internal Medicine
- Ultrasound Services and Telemedicine Services
- Digital Radiology and Telemedicine Services
- Exotic pets (excluding birds and reptiles)
- Dermatology Services
- Nutritional Counseling
- Behavioral Counseling
State Avenue Vet Clinic accepts payment via cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and CareCredit. Though we apologize for the inconvenience, we do not accept checks. So that we can continue to provide you high quality service utilizing the best medical technologies, we request that payment be made at the time services are rendered.
We provide estimates for all surgeries and hospitalizations. If you have not received an estimate, you are welcome to request one at any time for your expected charges.